Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My quiet place

We had girl's night on Tuesday. Kim had the night planned out and did a talk about talking to God. Me personally don;t have an idea when God is talking to me. I mean, I thought I was supposed to be listening for this deep voice, and when He spoke I would get shivers down my spine or something because it felt it was deep inside me but someone else at the same time....If that makes sense. Anyways, I'm guessing I was wrong about that one. Kim had this really good idea where we all separated and went on our own to pray and listen for God, to talk to Him etc. I chose the bathroom and didn't have much luck. A part of me is like you know what, your not listening. I think I just need to sit somewhere quiet for a while today and try to do it again. Many know I'm Irish, not known for patience, and I'm clearly Irish through and through when it comes to that. I mean I won't even wait for internet pages to load if it takes to long. So how am I supposed to sit there quietly listening for God, for 15, 20 maybe even an hour? I've found its also hard to find a quiet place. If you go to your room, eventually someone will come looking for you, or the TV will be on and you can't tune it out. Maybe you could go outside, but then I think of all the people passing and starring wondering what I'm doing. Which doesn't matter and I know that. It's still a little thing with me though, saying Erin people are watching, what are you doing? But God is more important than all those people because He's my Lord, my Father and I'm trying to talk to Him. So sometimes today I will try again, to find my quiet place and have a chat with God today. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 a.m. , Blogger Annette said...

Erin, prayer can also be a regular relationship thing that happens ongoing. Like when you say "Wow that's an incredible sunset. God, you've created such amazing stuff." You've seen the hand and voice of God. For most of us God's voice is not the voice inside your head, which you described very well. Many of us look for that voice, but feel the way you do. It can be through the voice of a friend, saying that thing that brings you through something or encourages you or even challenges you. It definitely is through what we learn in the Bible. It can be an "urge" to do or say something with a person, and that thing definitely is in line with the Bible the command to "love your neighbour as yourself". When you do those things you are listening to God's voice. Those are my long thoughts on the topic.

 
At 10:27 a.m. , Blogger Erin said...

Thanx Annette, I really appreciated that, I never really looked at it that way. Sometimes 'll go through the day and be like, crap i didnt pray today. But in a way I did because I saw what was around me and said Thanks God, or Ok I know why I wasnt meant to do that God, I get it, etc.

 
At 10:17 p.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

Erin, He is watching.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home