Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Religious Questions

I used to do yoga. A lot. And I was watching a movie where a girl was doing yoga. Anyways, it got me to thinking, should Christian people do yoga? I mean once you start learning about it and the three Shakras ( your inner soul ) I then started to wonder; is this leading away from faith?

I got home today and decided it was a good time to get back into the Pj's and sit in front of the TV, maybe grab some crackers and watch Pretty Woman. I was just in the mood. Then I thought, are Christians aloud to take breaks? Are we aloud to have some couch time to just sit and do nothing? Or are we always supposed to be out doing everything we can to be closer to God? If that's true my summer's gunna be a lot different from last year....

As much as I want to believe in the Lord, I'm finding myself holding back. Now more so than ever. Even though I'm reading a book that helps you understand the meaning of life and how God is working through us, I've also picked up the Bible for some nice summer reading. But what concerns me the most is the people I love, who don't believe in God. When it comes to eternity, I am not going to be happy knowing that there are people who had major roles in my life, no in that other lovely place. Once I realized this I got so angry and upset I thought for a minute that if I didn't believe in God, maybe it wouldn't happen. Like when we die, whatever we believe will happen, will in fact happen. It's not the way it works though and I know that. But I gotta be honest I wish it sometimes.

I pray. I pray a lot more than I used to. I was just wondering, does God answer our prayers for people who are not religious? If your praying for someone who is hurt and you ask God to help them through this hard time, will that prayer be left unanswered because that person does not believe?

With our culture it's so hard to differentiate our own needs and the needs of our Lord. You go through life and your liking yourself, you think you've got it going the way you want, and then you think, wait. Am I not supposed to have my life the way I want it? Is this the way God would have wanted it. I find it the most difficult when it comes to school. Sometimes when I know I have homework, but there's youth that night and I really want to go, I'll choose that over the homework because I'll figure; Hey, this is for God so it must be more important. But is that right?

I've got more questions I'm sure. But there's a few to start us off.

4 Comments:

At 9:20 a.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

I am filled with questions sometimes, well most of the time, too. I think that God does answer our prayers when we pray for people who don't believe. We believe and we are reaching out for those that don't and that is what God wants isn't it. In turn that could bring them to Christ.
You've got me thinking about the whole death thing and when people don't believe. My response to that would be a long one so I think I will make it into a blog.
You truly are an amazing young woman Erin and the growth I see is cool.

 
At 4:22 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya. Last week, I was reminded of something pretty important. Like every Christian, I sometimes have doubts cuz there are things about Christianity that I find so hard to grasp. I find myself saying, 'What the!? How is that possible? That's gotta be wrong'. While I was having my doubt fest, a christian friend of mine shared with me something I think might help you on your journey for the truth. He said, 'We shouldn't seek to understand so that we can believe, we should first believe, and understanding will be granted later because of the faith and trust we have shown.' You can read all the God inspired books in the world and listen to all the Christian songs, but until you honestly believe in Christ and surrender to His will, you'll remain spiritually stagnant. I'll be praying for ya!

 
At 10:05 p.m. , Blogger Erin said...

Well thanks for all your imput guys, it's really been helping me figure stuff out.

 
At 10:06 p.m. , Blogger Erin said...

Well thanks for all your imput guys, it's really been helping me figure stuff out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home