Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Was it Him?

God's been driving me insane these past few days. I've been doing my thing, talking to Him and whatnot, but I don't hear anything. Which is alright by me because I know I will eventually if I just keep talking, well praying. The interesting part about all of this, is that it feels easy for me. Everyone says they have problems talking to Him, but me I just talk because I know He's aware of what I'm actually thinking, so I might as well say it. The hard part, is that I don't feel changed when I talk to Him. I feel like, Ok God, I've talked to you, I've told you what I'm afraid of, I've told you what I wish for the future, now it's up to you. I don't feel lighter in a sense, sometimes I feel at peace. There was this one thing on the way back from the park and felt like He was there for a moment. I was walking down the street and the wind was blowing, I didn't think much of it until I stopped ( for some reason ) and I felt the wind wrap all the way around me and then out again. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but as soon as I started walking again, I was thinking; " Was that God just then?"

3 Comments:

At 12:23 p.m. , Blogger Judith said...

It's great that you pray/talk to Him. Others don't do that and yet demand for change.
What God wants is an intimate relationship between you and Him. It's like deeply knowing another friend, having a companion, or having a Father-child relationship.

So basically, the act of you talking and praying constantly to Him without expecting anything, means you have chosen Him to have a relationship with: to talk to about your problems, your day, whatever, whenever, like a good friend would.
When you've got this special relationship going on with Him, He will surely not depart from you, no matter what circumstance. And He will definitely be with you on a rainy day, if you're with Him on a sunny day.
Also, learn to be still in Him. Sometimes we're so caught up with whether anything is happening, that we fail to notice when something is happening. Like my friend said "I was yelling at her to open the door so loudly, that I couldn't hear her say 'It's not locked!'"
take care.

 
At 12:58 p.m. , Blogger Jill said...

Yeah, I think its so cool when you get those little moments. A couple of days ago when a whole bunch of ppl went to the monistary, I chose a different route than everyone else and went that way by myself. I knew where I was going but it was completely dark. It was so amazing just walking through that trail cause I just lifted my hands up and felt great. No one was around me and the only thing I could hear was my own breathing and footsteps. I believe he was all around me and embracing me. I don't think those kinda things are coincedences, it's always god doing a little something in your day.

 
At 5:45 p.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

I would like to think that God just stopped you for a minute and wrapped His arms around you. Letting you know that He is there. We may not always "hear" Him and that is frustrating but sometimes it is a matter of sitting and listening and sometimes it may come to us in forms of dreams and the such. Just my experience here.
I think that it was what I have heard called a "God Moment".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home