Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Nothing like it before.

Youth tonight was freakin' amazing. I've never seen anything like that, or seen God so present in a room filled with so many people reaching out to Him. We watched a video about personal and spiritual baggage, that keeps us from leading healthy and faith driven lives, without the hate and revenge. After that, Greg asked if anyone had baggage they wanted to share. And it was all a crying from there. People confessed about their past hurts and their issues they've been silently dealing with, which ultimately let me, let go and let God. Not without the help of Greg and other people who sat with me and prayed for me. I've never had anyone actually pray for me while I was there. It was just so amazing to hear those words and know that they were intended just for me and my struggles. I always knew people loved me, you know family loves me, ( they have to ) friends care etc, but having those people just tell me that they loved me meant so much it was just overwhelming. I went away from tonight feeling so much better. I feel like God lifted us all up together and said to each of us, I'm taking it all away from you, you are my children, and I love you. I feel new in a way, like I can start to live really as God intended. I want to give just really, a special thanks to those people who sat with me and prayed for me, whop gave me hugs and told me that they love me. It's one of the most amazing gifts I know I will ever receive. I've been praying non stop ( it's like my head won't shut up ) and I'm here for anyone and I'm praying for you. Love you guys.

3 Comments:

At 1:43 a.m. , Blogger Jill said...

you're right it was so amazing. I think I cryed for like a hour. It was so cleansing.

 
At 9:20 a.m. , Blogger lori said...

i heard it was amazing too. those are the BEST moments aren't they?... when you really feel connected and safe enough to be real - when you can really 'feel' God...

 
At 10:17 a.m. , Blogger Erin said...

I still think about it, but it's different now, I feel better and just remember all the good stuff people told me that day. Its a night to remember.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home