Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Dying in the Bible

Ok, so I'm reading the Bible ( New testament ) and I'm almost done. Well I'm about half way through. I've been reading it since June and I'm getting confused. There's stories in the Bible about people who have died, being healed and brought back to life. Now isn't that something we shouldn't mess with? I mean they died, God had a plan for them and at the end of that plan, they die. So wouldn't bringing them back be against God?. Well ok unless the plan was to die and then come back. But why would He bother to have them die just to be healed? Its all very confusing.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 p.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

I get confussed at that too. I tend to wonder though that it was done because that is how God wanted it. When Jesus brought the people back to life it helped more to believe who this person was that was able to bring others back to life. I think that it shows how much God is really in control. How He is only the one that can control such things as dying and if it was His will to have them come back to life then they would.
DOn't know the "right answer", Connie is very wise but that is what my interpertation is.
Good question Erin. Good question.

 
At 7:59 p.m. , Blogger Sacha said...

Erin- I often wondered that too at times. For me it was more of those who were sick. Why if God promised to heal them does He make them sick in the first place. But, God showed me, like connie said, that it is to bring God glory and to bring about a good work in their lives. It is the same for those who died. I also believe it was to show a side of Christ's compassion. He saw the heartache and suffering of the loved ones around Him and He cared enough to bring the people's loved ones back from the dead.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home