Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"Heart" and "Soul"

Why is it that people use the term heart, when it comes to their feelings? Like for instance; "My heart belongs to you, or you've broken my heart etc. Your heart is an organ, can't be broken by feelings, A person can't carry you in their heart when they go away for a long time.. So why say that? I think a way better thing to say would be " my soul" my soul longs for you, my soul feels your pain. Maybe it's just me but somehow it makes way more sense.

4 Comments:

At 7:49 a.m. , Blogger lori said...

my dad used to say that too. it REALLY bugged him.

hey what happened to your sunflowers? i loved them.

 
At 11:57 a.m. , Blogger Jill said...

I guess sometimes it's just easier to sum up an emotion or feeling if you make it into an actual object.

 
At 4:56 p.m. , Blogger Erin said...

Makes sense.

- I ditched the flowers cuz i was bored one day, and i was mad that I couldnt see the people who wrote to me, all i had was the comment. Maybe one day, i will return to the sun flowers

 
At 10:05 p.m. , Blogger Erin said...

Yup that would be me. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home