Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas EXTRAVAGANZA

We had our Christmas extravaganza last night, put on by Yay God. There wasn't too many people, I'd say a perfect group for the relay races and the games they had to do. I personally wasn't feeling well but wanted to see the events so I became a judge, to make sure certain teams weren't cheating....As if Christians cheat J/K. It was funny, gross and amazing to see what these kids would do. They had 4 corner soccer, pretty usual. They had relay races pulling people on scooters and piggy-back races. Again, usual. Then the fun stuff happened. We had them race to grab all the ingredients for an ice cream float. They then had to mix it all together( gallon on ice cream, 3 2L of pop and some bananas ) and they had to eat it all. The next and final "race" was the most interesting of all. 6 people had to run to the other side of the gym, and when they came back there would be something gross waiting or them. Now most of them were littler so it was pretty cool. First was the cup of lemon juice. Second 2 raw eggs. Third, Tabasco sauce. Fourth, a bowl of flour. And fifth they had to down a gallon of milk. This one was obviously for the older kids. Which of course Logan participated. Logan finished first, which meant the final person had to catch themselves a live goldfish....To eat. Its crazy what our youth will think up. I had a good time just watching. It was a great way to end the youth/yay God year.
And Logan I'm so proud of you, I don't think I've ever seen you throw-up that many times..I don't really want to again, but I'm so impressed that you did that.

3 Comments:

At 2:05 p.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

LOL! I laughed at that last paragraph. Now that is love! To stand by and watch someone puke! EW!!
Yeah youth do some pretty interesting stuff...
Maybe it was a blessing in surprise that you weren't feeling well.

 
At 9:12 p.m. , Blogger Erin said...

I never thought of that until i read that last part about the blessing. Its great how God has a sense of humour, and grace.

 
At 7:44 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, and im proud or you fore actually watching me puke that much wile not feeling good youe self.
i cant wait till next year i had a blast!
love logan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home