Saturday, September 03, 2005

Religion Board

It was early in the morning, and I thought I would check out a religious message board, just to see what other people thought of Christ. What I read truly upsets me.
I knew I was going to find a few people in there that said there was no Heaven, that God was just a myth. What I wasn't expecting were people he don't believe trashing Jesus as if he was the fat kid in class that everyone made fun of. The first post I read was a young woman making a point of that she loved the Romans for what they did to Jesus, and further more, if they hadn't and he was in our times; that she would take pleasure in doing it herself. I couldn't believe someone could have such hate for another, especially Him.
A man who was going to get married wanted to know if he should change his religion, even it he thought the religion was completely "stupid". The religion was Mormon. All the responses where of how you should never give up your faith, and that you should try to convert her because she was obviously "retarded" and needed to ( and this is a quote ) "go to the mental hospital".
The only post I actually got something out of, a post where I thought, now this person is actually trying to talk about something, was a little girl who wanted to now if our country was too cynical to have religion and just be able to believe. Then she asked if there was anything we could do. Now what got to me was that there were only two responses. One said that we were all screwed, there was no hope. The other said that we needed to have public prayer, and get rid of all the homosexuals.
What is the world coming to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home