Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Miss independent

I don't know how single women survive.

I would be the hopeless romantic that the world seems to be short of these days. All the advertising is showing strong women; which I have no problem with, playing it off as they don't need a man to complete them. All they need is the company of themselves, and their families along with their other man bashing friends. I know not all women are like that, but what I don't understand is how that type of a woman can look at a couple in the park with their kids, or the teenagers in the pizza place holding hands across the table and not wish that they too had that connection with a person. To look into another person's eyes and see everything you'd hoped for. You find your prince is his shining armor who is just bursting to talk to you.
With the book I read a few weeks ago, has I've already talked about, it tells of how a woman needs to be rescued, needs to be romanced. We are strong, yes indeed. But men are the protectors, while we are the nurturers.
There's something about romance that just gets to me, right into my very being. It makes me feel alive and I can't keep the smile off my face when I hear of how a friend's boy-friend took the bus for 3 hours just to see her. Or told her that he loved her for the first time. So I'll pray for all the single women who think those feelings are a sign of weakness, of depending on another person. I pray these women find a man that can show them that they don't need to be alone, that they will take care of them, tell them that they're beautiful every morning and when they leave, tell them they miss them.

-I have to go watch pretty woman now.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 p.m. , Blogger Jill said...

I need a good man. haha.

 
At 8:30 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wait jill one will come along.
every person has a second half to their lives. it may take a cuple days to a cuple years but never forget that he is out there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home