Monday, August 01, 2005

Love And Fear

Emotions only have two categories. Did anyone know that?
There's fear, and love. In relationships; not just romantic, but all relationships, 95 percent of them are based on fear, while only 5 percent are based on love. They have characteristics that make up each relationship. Love has no obligations. Fear is full of obligations. When it comes to fear, whatever we do is because we have to. We expect other people to do things because they have to. As soon as we have an obligation, we resist it. And that's when we start suffering. Love has no resistance. We do things because we want to. It becomes a pleasure, we have fun with it.

Love has no expectations. Fear is full of expectations. With fear we expect that we have to do things. And we expect other to do the same. It's why love doesn't hurt while fear does. We expect something, and if it doesn't happen we are hurt- it isn't fair. We blame others for not meeting our expectations. When we love, we don't have expectations. if someone doesn't do something, because they don't want to it's not personal. It's not important anymore. We don't feel hurt because whatever happens is okay.

Love is based on respect. Fear doesn't respect anything. If I feel sorry for you, it means I don't respect you. It's like saying, you cannot make your own choices, I have to make them for you. If I don't respect you, I will try to control you. Love is ruthless, it doesn't feel sorry for anyone. It has compassion. Fear is full of pity. It feels sorry for everyone. You feel sorry for someone when you don't think they can make it. Love respects you, it says "I love you, I know you can make it. I will give you a hand if you fall, you can do it, go ahead." That is compassion.

Love is unconditional. Fear is full of conditions. When it comes to fear, they say I love you if you let me control you, if you are good to me if you fit the image I make for you. With love there is no if I love you for no reason I love you the way you are, you are free to be the way you are.

No one has the right to change us. If we are going to change it is because we want to.
-What kind of relationships do you have?

1 Comments:

At 9:38 p.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

good post Erin. Very insightful. ( I think that is the word I am looking for) Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all had love relationships like Christ did? Not hold any if's in the relationship. How much more meaningful would that be?!! Make any sense?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home