Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Help

I've been thinking about helping people lately. Not really thinking I should be helping people, but when your helping someone, or at least your trying and it doesn't seem to be having any effect what so ever. I hate that feeling. Feels like in a way, I've failed that person because I didn't have to answer to their problems. I know you can't help everyone, and sometimes the feeling I hate the most is when you know someone who has a problem, and you did what you could to help but it didn't work and you just weren't saying anything to really help them understand the situation and how to help it, and then.... You find out that they got help from someone else and that person just helped them so much and that everything was lookin a little better. I hate that. Then all I can think about is; why couldn't I do it for them, why did my advice have no effect and someone else's did? I was talking to a good friend and they said something to me that just made me go; I'm such an idiot for thinking that. He said; sometimes its not our calling to help someone but someone else's turn to feel the goodness of helping someone out I know you wish you could help someone out at times but we cant always be the person of great wisdom.

Now there's something to think about.


1 Comments:

At 8:53 a.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

I think that just the offer of helping someone is awesome in itself. You may not make a "great" difference but you tried and that is all that is asked of us.
I try to help friends and by no means do I have the answers but I think that just the fact that I am there is helpful in itself. Does that make any sense?
Although the words that you may have said didn't solve anything I am sure that they will remember the fact that you tried. That is one of the things that can make all the difference in the world.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home