Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Simplicity

As some other people were commenting about Michelle's blog, I thought I'd go check it out. I found myself wanting to do the same thing she was. She is advertising a simple life and that's something I wish I had from time to time. People say that I've got it easy right now, wait till I have a job and everything else, but that's what I'm working towards. I hate school. I'm just trying to get passed it so I can get on to doing the things I love to do. Anyways, back to simplicity. Finding God on a day to day basis is hard. I feel he's distant right now and I'm trying even more than usual to listen up. I can't really get anything, just little nudges, Erin this isn't doesn't feel right does it? Stop. Walk away now I want time with you. Guess that's a good start. What I'm thankful for today

~ Warm showers and clean clothes
~ Music that speaks to me
~ A God that listens all the time
~ People who love me all the time, even if its not as obvious

3 Comments:

At 10:20 p.m. , Blogger Michelle said...

I'm struggling with the same thing Erin, only different circumstances. It's so much harder to keep being thankful and worshiping with your head held high when your going through a spiritual dry spell. But the rewards are awesome, even if we can't see them yet. Oh and being a teenager is never easy, those are very confusing and often fustrating times. I remember all to clearly!! Hang in there!!

 
At 9:47 a.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

sure what your life is like compared to others may be easier then they think. But to you it is a tough part of life. A part that in later years may seem like it was easy but things are difficult in different ways to different people. I hated school. Now I wish I was back sometimes. But I wouldn't change where I am for anything. This difficulty will pass.
You feel the gentle nudges and you listen and that is awesome. That is God. I find it tough sometimes struggling to hear Him. Then I hear HIm and it was like He was saying to me, see that wasn't so tough.
The being thankful thing is a good reminder that He is there. What He does for us day to day.
I hope this makes some sense. I tend not to make too much sense in the morning.
Don't discount your struggles. Don't listen to what people think they know about you. School will be over before you know it.

 
At 6:14 p.m. , Blogger Erin said...

You have absolutely found the key... Looking to God to guide your steps is one of the very best things you can do for the rest of your life... despite how circumstances change!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home