Saturday, January 15, 2005

Respect

I woke up this morning to hear my dad talking on the phone. It wouldn't have bothered me if I was not extremely tired and that he feels he needs to make sure the entire house can hear him.This is followed by my sister watching TV on a volume of 30. And of course the micro wave is being used every 10 minutes because my mom has forgotten about her coffee and it is now cold. Later today I took a nap before dinner.... And my mom wakes me up angry that I'm going to be up all night now that I've slept. Well that's what she thinks I did since they were watching a war flick on a volume of what is now 40. I suppose the theme of this blog is respect. I give them respect when they are sleeping and I'm up before them, I don't turn the TV on, I don't use the micro wave and most of the time I just stay in my room until I hear their foot steps going down the hall to start their day. I can't tell them this of course because I would be punished for talking to them that way, even in a calm and mature manner. So I will continue what I do, out of respect and hope that one day they do the same for me.

2 Comments:

At 8:28 a.m. , Blogger lori said...

don'r bother fighting with your parents...just get yourself some earplugs!

 
At 5:33 p.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

Do your paretns ever use the line: "do as I say not as I do?" That sounds like a situation that may have them saying that. I hate that sayind and I hated even more when my parents use it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home