Friday, January 07, 2005

Prayer

I've always felt stupid praying. Why bother God with the mediocre problems that I was having that day when there's so many more people in greater need than I. People say I'm good at understanding them and helping with their problems. When it comes to me however, I keep my problems to myself. If I'm so good with helping people I should be able to figure out these problems of mine on my own.
It's easy to forgot how blessed we are. Everyone has the same problems; about money, friendships, love and family. What it comes down to is how we handle these complications. But when you think about others, like the people in Asia, and the tsunami suddenly what you were struggling with doesn't seem as terrible.
On Monday we had youth and Greg quoted Luke 11 1-15 after our drama performance about kicking someone's dog, and it stuck with me: "For everyone who asks; receives;and he who seeks, finds, and to him who knocks, it shall be opened"
To me this means that if you want something to happen you need to ask, you can't just sit around waiting for it to happen.
This reminds me that I really need to start working out. Not in the way to loose weight but in the sense of being stronger and having more energy. I don't think anyone would pass up a little extra energy now and again. My uncle, whom to me is a spiritual person and in touch with his beliefs and has a good way of looking at life, he said to me that yoga was always a good idea. I've tried it a few times and it has worked, it's just a matter of finding the time and a quiet place to practice the art....

1 Comments:

At 12:22 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ErinErin and I just read your blog for the first time, cool stuff.

GandE

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home