Friday, January 07, 2005

Snow day

Had our first snow day of the year. I thanked God for it since I had many pressing homework assignments due today and was grateful I had 3 more days to work on it.

Today's been slow. I usually find myself not wanting to be in the house much but today is different. For some unexplainable reason I have the urge to go home almost 2 hours before I am supposed too. My sister's making dinner tonight, with what little we can find in the fridge, cupboards and freezer. Sounds like salmon to me.
Woke up at 6 this morning to finish the project I should have started many days ago, probably even weeks ago but decided to leave it until the last minute. I got up in tears, I was extremely stressed out and was upset that I had put my faith in God to grant me one day of snow so I wouldn't have to return to the prison. ( School ) About 2 hours later my faith had never left that he would come through for me, and that he did. My dad had gotten into the bus disguised as a car, and driven down to the school to see if anyone was there. After getting into almost 4 accidents he came home to tell my mom it wasn't worth it to drive us. That was when I knew God had come through for me, as I knew he would. Praying last night to him, I had also said that I would do my best to finish all the homework I had not yet completed. So after going back to bed for 3 hours I got myself up and worked on my math and my science. Two of my favorite subjects.
Sitting here now, at Ben's waiting for it to be time to go home. It isn't that I don't want to be here. I think it's one of those days where you just want to be with family, and with me that doesn't happen very often. So I had better take this feeling into consideration and take a look at my life, figure out if I'm at least somewhat justified with where I'm going. A thought has just come to mind as I watch Nathan playing poker( probably losing too ). Why is it that so many people, and when I say people I mean teenagers, want material things all the time. Let's say you go to someone's house. What do you do? Play on the computer, watch T.V. You don't actually sit down talk hang out and ask eachother how there life is and get a serious response. I've always thought I was a bit different than everyone else, well no one is just like another but that's besides the point. The point is that I'm happier hanging out with people with no pressure of wearing the right combination of color and not too much jewelry. Having up to date clothing, because apparently without that I'm lost in the social circle.
I was walking down here this afternoon and I walked by an eldery woman, in bright neon snow suit making her way carefully across the street. There are people know that would walk by her and laugh at what she was wearing. But what went through my mind was: should I be helping her cross this snow covered road, for she could loose her balance. Often there are times when I walk by a person and wonder what it is they're thinking.
Now what people think of me I wonder sometimes also. But you have to think; what does it matter what other people think? Its just they're thoughts and even if they think something negative about you, you have to carry on and keep going, being the person that you were destined to be. Having someone say something about you doesn't change anything about your personality or what you believe in. It could make you more insecure about yourself. Damage that precious self-esteem and turn you into something your not for the sake of your peers;but your still the same person you always were on the inside. And that's what's important.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 a.m. , Blogger lori said...

i watch people on the street all the time too. there's a lady i've seen downtown, an obvious street person, who i've admired for the bright clothing she wears. i'd see her in the spring in this flourescent yellow skirt and wild shirt. she walked like she owned the street. i've always meant to stop and tell her how great she looks - except i've always thought she'll think i'm weird. maybe next time...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home