Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dwelling

I figured out, well I've known for a long time that the past is hard to deal with. Especially other peoples. I don't like admitting mistakes that have happened in my past. I've actually gotten pretty good at pretending it was a dream, and sometimes I can even manage to think it never really happened. It doesn't work though, every once in awhile I get a reminder, and it all comes back. This week I've been struggling with someone else's past. I just couldn't accept it. I tried so hard to make myself think that it didn't matter. But late at night I think about it. I think about the things that might have taken place during that time in their life. I still block it from my mind because I don't want to think about it at all. What really kills is that I can't just say, it's alright it was part of your past. It's over now. It may be over for them, but to me its still there even though I wasn't even there. I'm working on it. Slowly, and I'm not patient so its sounds like I'll feel this way forever but I don't want to, right now I'm still in that stage where I'm trying to hit outta my head so it'll drop out and never come back in.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 p.m. , Blogger Miss-buggy said...

pasts are hard to deal with wether they are yours or someone else's. But one thing I learned is that worrying about what may have happened or the such in the others persons past really doesn't get me very far. It is their past and that is it. A past that they may be trying to forget. Talk to them about it maybe. Tell them your concerns. Just an idea. Depends on how close you are to them. That is it though. We have pasts too and no matter what anyone says or does it is still our past and nothing can change that. Wether it is good or bad it has alreasy been forgiven by our Father.
I would say try not to think about it too much. But easier to say then do sometimes. Talk to God. Tell Him the concerns that He already knows are on your heart. It will work itself out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home