Monday, February 28, 2005

My Peers

I find it ironic how this past week was all sunshine and I was in a good mood all week. Now its a new week and it has started off gloomy, mirroring how I feel now. Maybe the weather has some sort of connection to our moods. If this is so I pray for summer to come swiftly.
I was in last block today, looking at myself in the mirror and thinking I just want to go home and finally be in something comfortable with something salty to eat. Schools funny that way in which we feel the need to look our best to be criticized by our peers. Even though I always emphasize that what you look like doesn't matter; its the kind of person you are, people can't take their judgmental characteristic away. Its become a way of life. There's a huge pyramid and we are all struggling to get to the top. People push others down when they make fun of what their wearing be it hair clothes make-up etc. Its a pity the world has come to this, and there's not a lot of people who take the time to see it happening, and acknowledge it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home